Tuesday, November 4, 2008

She & Him: San Francisco

This post is a little late coming, but on Monday night I went to the first of two She and Him concerts. OMG, it was everything I had hoped for. For those of you who don't know, She & Him is my favorite band. Their CD is just amazing, and to be frank, I'm obsessed.

Anyways, T and I went to the concert. We got to Bimbos 360 club in San Francisco about a half an hour before the opening band was about to go on, and somehow managed to end up in the front row. Lavander Diamond was the opening act, and they were....interesting... I love hippies, but this girl was a little out there. She kept saying these things like:

It is now this moment, and it will never be this moment again

and

Sometimes I like to put my hand over my heart and feel it beating.

and my personal favorite:

Earth is the most beautiful planet in the world


Their songs *sucked*, but none were as bad as their last song, which didn't have any lyrics, just screaming (which sounded vaguely Ariel-like). I didn't think I could laugh any harder, until T proved me wrong by asking where Ursula was when you need her.


But then Zooey and M. Ward came out, and all was right in the world :) Sometimes I don't like hearing my favorite songs live, because the bands usually switch them up, and they don't sound as good, but these songs were even better live, even with the few changes made. We weren't able to take pictures, but I still managed to leave with a special souvenir. Zooey took a sip of her water bottle and then set it down right in front of my face. When the concert was over, she still hadn't come back for her water. I wasn't going to snag her water bottle until the guy next to me started eyeing it. That's when T jumped on the stage and grabbed it for me - so sweet.


Here is said water bottle:

No comments: