Saturday, November 8, 2008

She and Him: Los Angeles

Being the obsessive fan that I am, one She and Him concert wasn't enough, so Amy and I went down to Southern California for yet another She and Him concert - this time at The House of Blues in Anaheim.

Luckily, we were starving by the time we got there, and decided just to eat at the HOB. This ended up totally working out, because we were one of three groups who got to go in early for eating there. We ran to the front, and ended up being front row, center. The only bad part about getting there so early is that we were standing there over an hour waiting for it to start. I really was not happy about having to sit through Lavendar Diamond again (scroll down to see the post "She and Him: San Francisco"), but by the time they came on, Amy and I were just glad that something was happening. Not surprisingly, Amy thought she was as crazy as I had said she would be, and during the screaming song, Amy laughed so hard, Hippie-girl heard her and looked down at her. 'Twas hilarious though. And *everyone* was laughing.

I thought that She and Him was even *better* than in San Francisco. And even though I think Bimbos is a bigger venue, there was a lot more energy in L.A. The thing that I like about She and Him is that Zooey and M. Ward play all of the instruments themselves (with the exception of the drums. They were played by another drummer at the concert), and so M. Ward would be playing the guitar, then go over to the piano and play the piano. My favorite part of both concerts was when Zooey played my favorite song, "Sentimental Heart." The lights on the stage went down, and it was just a spotlight as she played the song on the piano and sang.

They really put on a good show...I won't bore you with it any longer, even though I could probably go on and on. I'll just post pictures instead lol.

Zooey does almost all of the vocals on the CD, and so I didn't really appreciate M. Ward until seeing him in concert. I have never been so amazed by someone playing the guitar - he is unbelievably amazing and talented.

Zooey singing my favorite song, "Sentimental Heart"



We were front row, center, and so we had an awesome view of Zooey standing right in front of us.

M. Ward on the piano.

She & Him songs are made up of only a few instruments. Zooey's instrument of choice is the tamborine.

She and Him

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Am I gonna get to see you at Xmas? I don't think the big fam has plans yet, but I hope I can see you...I hope it hasn't been since the wedding, but I am feeling like it was. That is sad if that is the truth. :-(

Unknown said...

I awarded you. Check out my blog!
♥Jen