Friday, January 2, 2009

Wow, 2008 has already come and gone. I'm not a big New Year's fan - I'm the type that drags my heels and balks at the idea of yet another year gone by (you should see me on birthdays!)

This year was the same - in fact, I just downed some sleep aids sometime around six and drifted to sleep, sleeping through the ball dropping and inevitable drunk driving (though earlier in the day I did happen to see the after effects of a car that had managed to wrap itself around a tree).

But as much as I complain about the end of a year, 2008 did have some highlights... (sorry about the lack of pictures, I switched computers and don't have many on this current one :(...)

* I finished one more year of school and applied to universities in November. The best part is that all the schools I applied to were - up until recently - only dream schools.


* I went to some *awesome* concerts this year: The Spice Girls Reunion tour in Las Vegas (one of my favorite places, I went back for my 21st birthday!); Panic at the Disco (a great concert at San Jose State which also featured The Cab, Plain White T's and Dashboard Confessional); and *two* She and Him concerts. They are my favorite band, and I saw one of their shows at Bimbos in San Francisco, and a second show at the House of Blues in L.A. Hopefully, I'll see plenty more because they're awesome live!


* I did some great travelling this year, including a month-long backpacking trip. I stayed in hostels, met a bunch of awesome people (both new friends and friends I've known for almost seven years now who I see every time I am in London), and experienced all kinds of incredible things.

* I voted for John McCain and Sarah Palin!
* I finished the first draft of my book.

2009 is already shaping up to be eventful. In April I will find out if the second half of 2009 will be spent in Berkeley or South Africa. My horse and I will finally make it to another show by March, and hopefully a finished draft of my book by the end of the year. Here's to a happy and prosperous 2009!

Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.