Thursday, October 30, 2008

Days Like This

I love days like this: the threat of rain, a cooler temperature, and the sweet smell of nature. Hot chocolate, Uggs, and sweatshirts are some of my all time favorite comforts, and today was the perfect day to enjoy all three. If I could only have spent the day curled up on the couch reading instead of going to school.... Tonight I can't wait to fall asleep to the sound of rain on the roof. But when I wake up tomorrow morning, that wonderful smell of fresh rain will be the last of my enjoyment. Every year I look forward to the rain and the coming of Fall, that is until I pull out my beloved Wellingtons and go out to the barn where Joey and Iggy will, inevitably, be caked in mud from rolling and playing in puddles. *Sigh* Filthy horses = happy horses = sad Kelsey.

No comments: